WESEF 2022 will be held on March 18th, 2022, we are planning for an in-person, live event. Please ask your students to save these dates!
We will continue to utilize the online science fair organization, www.wesef.zfairs.org, for WESEF 2022. We will be using zFairs for teacher, student and judge registration as well as turn in all student paperwork. Before your students can register, you will have to register on our customized, zFairs website.
In order to make sure that everyone understands this process and has the chance to find out answers to any questions, we are hosting an online WESEF teacher’s workshop on Monday, November 15th, 2021.
The basic timeline for student registration for the 2021 Regeneron WESEF is as follows:
- WESEF ONLINE registration opens Wed, Nov 15th,2021 – Teachers register first and then work directly with their students to register them one at a time. Students should not register on their own.
- WESEF ONLINE registration closes Dec 10th
- WESEF ONLINE submission of forms, paper and abstract due Dec 15. – All forms will be filled out and then uploaded to the WESEF zFairs website with the abstract and ALL PAPERWORK must be submitted online.
- WESEF Check/purchase order and school registration list must be postmarked by December 15. See invoice for details
- WESEF extended material (optional deadline extra $100 fee) due Jan 15 – only available to those that indicated on the online registration that they would be taking advantage of the “extended deadline” and have sent in the $60 regular registration and the $100 “extended deadline” fee.
The VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR TEACHER REGISTRATION is here.
The VIDEO TUTORIAL for STUDENT REGISTRATION is here.
It is essential that you ONLY register students that you are very confident will be ready for WESEF with consideration of all of the rules and restrictions listed above in the Registration/SRC section. Online registration will open November 15th and will close on December 10th 2021.
The cost will be $60 per student for the regular deadline submission of all materials (Dec. 15). Fee is non-refundable regardless if a student drops or is disqualified (due to student or teacher error).
Any project that opts for the extended paperwork deadline must submit a total payment of $130 ($60 for regular deadline + $100 extended deadline fee) along with forms 1, 1a, 1b and research plan by the regular deadline (Dec. 15) and then will submit their paper and abstract by the January 15th deadline. The extended deadline fee is a per-project fee, meaning individuals and teams both would pay the $100 if seeking the extended deadline. However, a team of two would only need to pay an additional $100 (combined) if they opted for the extended deadline.
Please plan ahead if your school/district will pay with a purchase order. There is usually a major delay between a request for payment (PO) and when the check is written. Final payment for purchase orders in the form of a school-issued check must be postmarked NO LATER than January 8, 2021.
Make all checks/purchase orders payable to “WESEF”
Send check(s) to:
Stephanie Peborde Burke
PO Box 1373
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Student Paperwork/Forms Upload
We appreciate your effort to help WESEF increase the amount of judges we recruit to match the increasing numebr of student participants. If you know any individuals who would be interested in volunteering to support our students as a judge, please review the judge requirements on our judges page.
Judges can register by contacting our judge coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last minute drop outs:
If you have any students that will not be participating in WESEF, please email Angelo Piccirillo immediately at email@example.com. This is essential for adjusting our judging packets.
We are looking forward to our 20th celebration at our Regeneron WESEF Awards Ceremony. At this time we are still working on details for this event which we hope to host in-person.